The mission of The Russell J. Efros Foundation is to sprout creativity by providing direct support and community access to artists.
Founded in loving memory of Russell J. Efros, affectionately known to his friends and family as ‘Russell Sprouts’, the foundation is dedicated to empowering artists to express their creativity and spotlighting the value of art and culture in our society. We do this by providing financial support to artists and creating a network for collaboration and exposure through events, programming and community outreach.
Your Donations Fund Artists
We are dedicated to building a safe, warm and nurturing community for artists to express themselves, share their talents, create and collaborate with other artists and gain access to the resources that they need to sprout and flourish. We cannot do this without your help. Any amount is incredibly helpful and greatly appreciated.
Introducing the Sprout Fund. A commitment to provide direct funding to artists so that artists can continue to make a positive impact through their talent and creativity. Starting with $50,000 in June 2021 and continuing on an ongoing basis.
Our featured donors and sponsors
We are so grateful for our generous donors that commit to providing annual support to the RJE Foundation at a giving level
- Quarantine Check-In: Nick Fulton || Music & Culture Writer || New York CityOur conversation with Nick Fulton, a Music & Culture Writer currently based in New York City
- Quarantine Check-In: BOYO || Musician || Los AngelesA special conversation with BOYO, a Los Angeles musician, about life as a musician during quarantine
- Quarantine Check-In: A Community of ArtistsOur first Quarantine Check-In, kicking off a series of video conversations with musicians, artists, and creators about life in quarantine
“Everything sparks my creativity. One of my favorite things I like to do is go to the park to people watch. You meet so many interesting people in the park and hear so many interesting stories. I listen to the sound of their voice, how they walk, and interact with one another. I’m always writing stories and developing characters. One of the ways I like to develop characters is by watching them in real life.”
- 2020 SVA Memorial Award Recipient: Julia WardWe are so excited to announce the 2020 of the Russell J. Efros Memorial Award Fund from the School of Visual Arts – Julia Ward. The funds from the award helped Julia Ward complete her thesis project: Panic Never Pays. The film chronicles her family’s unusual experience during 9/11 and after. Congrats Julia!
- Russell J. Efros Memorial Award FundThe Russell J. Efros Memorial Award Fund was established in 2018 in memory of alumnus […]
- Big World EP Release PartyThank you for supporting the first annual event, The First Annual Russell Sprouts Celebration of Life & Big World EP Release party on September 28, 2018 at the Market Hotel in Brooklyn, where we gathered together to listen to Plain Dog’s newest album and share in the love, energy and warmth that he always brought to the party. Lineup: Band members from Over Nights (Drew Cooper + Gavin Ryan), Chaos Chaos, No Vacation, Surf Rock is Dead, Nation of Language.